By Evan Doherty 
BELLEVILLE – Loyalist College has a new student government.
The results of the elections held this week were announced Wednesday afternoon.
Jenish Patel, who is in second year of the civil engineering technician program , is the new president of the student government. He received 334 votes, 34 per cent of the total. Patel served as first-year leader on the student government last year and is the only returning member this year.
During his campaign, Patel said he hopes to improve the transit system  for students by working with Belleville Transit  to have buses to the college more often. Currently they run every half hour.
QNet News reached out to Patel for an interview but did not receive a response.
The new vice-president is Jeet Patel.
The other newly elected leaders are
- Board of governors student representative: Nimrat Singh
- Applied Sciences, Skills and Technology leader: Sohan Singh Panwar
- Business Studies leader: Harjot Singh Sidhu
- Health Sciences leader: Vidhi Patel
- Human Studies leader: Amanpreet Singh
- Media Studies leader: Janessa Langlois
- International leader: Dushyant Dave
According to an email from student government’s officer manager, Nancy Simpson, there was a 30 per cent voter turnout rate.