- QNetNews.ca - http://www.qnetnews.ca -

House fire in Madoc Township leaves family homeless

By Michelle Poirier [1]

BELLEVILLE – A house on Deloro Road in the Madoc Township hamlet of Eldorado burned to the ground Wednesday night, leaving a family homeless.

No one was hurt in the fire.

The Madoc Township Fire Department [2] received the phone call at 8:15 p.m.

“There was nobody in the house. All the occupants were out of the house,” Jason Gear, the township’s fire chief, told QNet News.

“It was a total loss there.”

The family had insurance, he said, adding that he has heard that the family will be staying at a motel for the time being.

Gear said he had seen some posts on Facebook about people trying to help the family.

The house was a single-family dwelling, said Chris Mitchell, the treasurer of Madoc Township.

Comments