- QNetNews.ca - http://www.qnetnews.ca -

Accident at ice-fishing hut injures man

By Stelios Pappas [1]

BELLEVILLE – There were reports Tuesday morning that a young man was seriously injured Monday at Crowe Lake in Marmora [2] when a wood stove exploded in an ice-fishing hut.

Hastings County Emergency Services [3] acting department chief John O’Donnell said there was some sort of explosion. O’Donnell added the victim evacuated the ice fishing hut and went to a nearby residence where emergency services were called to.

The victim was taken Campbellford Memorial Hospital [4]. He was then transferred to Sunnybrook Hospital [5]in Toronto.

Const. Alana Deubel of the Central Hastings OPP told QNet News that no police were involved.

Several Twitter accounts [6] have reported that the patient is severely injured.