By Ashley Clark 
BELLEVILLE – Members of the Belleville Theatre Guild  have more than just theatrical talent.
This Saturday, the guild will be holding a theatre artists show and sale event between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the courtyard between the Belleville Public Library  and Pinnacle Playhouse. (If it rains, the event will be moved to the green room inside the playhouse.)
There will be eight vendors selling homemade products, organizer Lise Lindenberg said. Artistic demonstrations of painting and pottery, and tours of the theatre will also be going on.
“I’ve been volunteering at the theatre since I was in high school myself. Once you catch the theatre bug, it’s hard to get rid of it,” said Lindenberg.
The idea for the event came from getting to know everyone at the theatre, she said.
“We have one person who makes knitted hats and beautiful scarves and stuff, so that’s her small business. So, when she’s not acting onstage she’s making knitwear,” Lindenberg said.
The actress Lindenberg was referring to is Jana Busse.
Busse said she got involved with the theatre guild two years ago without having ever taken drama or music.
“I only knew the theatre as a member of the audience,” she said.
Now Busse said she’s done everything from taking tickets and running concession to backstage work and acting.
This will be her first time doing the theatre artists show and sale event.
“When I started volunteering I didn’t expect to be able to display some of my knitwear,” Busse said.
People will find accessories including scarves, mittens, hats, socks and shawls at her stand, ranging from about $20 to $60.
“Christmas is coming. It’s an opportunity to buy gifts I guess if you wanna look that far ahead. But I’m sure people will probably find something they want for themselves, or for people they know,” Busse said.
- Jana Busse (actress, house): knitwear
- Nathan Mahaffey (set painter, lighting, house): paintings
- Cindy Lucas (house, stage manager): hand-hooked rugs
- Amy-Lyn VanLondersele (actress, choreographer, singer): paintings, chalkboards, cookies in a jar
- Angela McPherson (box office, sews costumes): soft sculptures
- Perry Poupore (set painter): pottery
- Brigitte Rittinger (house): quilts, runners, etc.
- Lise Lindenberg (director, actress, set painter): paintings