By Courtney Bell 
Belleville – Police are reminding motorists to stop for school buses picking up or dropping off kids.
Last Thursday, the OPP said it received a traffic complaint after a motorist failed to stop for a school bus. The motorist was travelling on Highway 37 between Countryman and Martin Road in the Municipality of Tweed .
The fine for failing to stop is $400 and six demerit points.
The O.P.P. would like to remind motorists:
- Whether you are behind or in front of the school bus, you are required to stop.
- Make sure when stopping in front of the bus, you leave enough room for children to cross in front.
- You must stop for a school bus at anytime not just between school hours.
- You may not cross over a median to pass the bus.
- You must always wait until the bus moves or its lights have stopped flashing until you can move again.