By David Mallory 
BELLEVILLE – A man, a woman and three dogs were able to escape early this morning after a massive fire engulfed a Quinte West home.
Crews responded to the house at 1270 County Road 40, more commonly known as Wooler Road, at 12:45 a.m. The house was completely engulfed in flames when the Quinte West firefighters arrived.
Firefighters were able to bring it under control by 2:45 a.m.
Damages are estimated to be $275,000.
Fire Chief John Whalen says that they believe the fire started inside of a wood stove, but the cause is not considered suspicious.
The investigation is still continuing.